Sinopec Heavy Duty LC Mining Grease is an extreme pressure grease
formulated with a lithium complex soap thickener and high viscosity minbase oil, and is available in NLGI 1 and NLGI 2 grades. It contains rust and
oxidation inhibitors, EP and antiwear additives, as well as 4% of solids
(Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS
or ‘moly’) and Graphite), which provide
superior wear protection especially under severe vibrating or oscillating
conditions that are found in many mining applications.
Sinopec Heavy Duty LC Mining Grease is suitable for use in:
• Off-road equipment used in the mining industry, particularly to lubricate slow-moving plain and rolling element bearings
under severe conditions of very high loads, shock loading and vibrating or oscillating conditions.
• Heavy duty construction, earthmoving, mobile and stationery equipment, especially in those applications operating
under very high loads, shock loading and vibrating or oscillating conditions.
• Some heavy duty applications that are difficult to access, and for which long lubrication intervals are required.
Features and benefits
• Excellent extreme pressure and antiwear properties protect heavily loaded or shock-loaded bearings from wear,
extending equipment life.
• Solids ( molybdenum disulfide and graphite), provide an additional measure of residual lubrication and protect metal
surfaces against wear in applications where vibrating or oscillating movement tends to squeeze out the grease from
between metal surfaces.
• Lithium complex soap thickener ensures a high dropping point, which means that the grease can be used at higher
temperatures in severe service applications (operating temperature range is from –10°C to +150°C), and also confers
excellent mechanical stability so that the grease structure does not break down in service.
• High base oil viscosity ensures a good oil film thickness is maintained even under severe high-temperature conditions,
protecting components against wear.
• Excellent water resistance means that the grease stays in place and is not washed or sprayed off in wet conditions,
reducing the need for frequent re-application.
• Excellent protection against rusting and corrosion ensures long component life, and extends maintenance intervals.
• Good thermal and oxidation stability ensure longer grease life under high-temperature conditions, providing optimum
lubrication, extending equipment life and reducing maintenance requirements.
• Available in two NLGI grades; the NLGI grade 1 product may be used in centralised lubrication systems where good
pumpability is required.